Sometimes natural ingredients may be better for fighting those stubborn blemishes rather than drug store washes, masks, and moisturizers. Here is an apple pie face mask recipe from Never Homemaker that works wonders!
The recipe is simple:
What you’ll need . . .
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Simply put all ingredients in a bowl (or mortar and pestle) and mix well. Use a fork or spoon. Just make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Then wash your face with a mild soap. Take about 1/3 to 1/2 of the mixture and place it on your face and let sit for between 5 and 10 minutes.
- I recommend washing the mask off your face in your kitchen sink to avoid clogging your drain (from experience!). Then pat dry with a towel.
- Store the remaining max in a small container. Refrigerate. Use within three days.
Why these ingredients?
- Apple Cider Vinegar: It has excellent cleansing properties as a powerful skin detoxifying and purifying agent.
- Banana: According to the blogger, it helps oily skin by narrowing pores.
- Oats: It can help with multiple skin problems such as acne, pimples, dryness, wrinkles, blemishes, dermatitis, shingles, eczema, and excessive tanning.
- Cinnamon: It is a great acne remedy.